LACYD Endorsement Meeting
Join us for a general membership meeting to vote on candidate and campaign endorsements for several important upcoming elections. This is also a great opportunity to meet other young Democrats in our community.
Please note that candidates must sign the Young Democrats for Racial Justice Candidate Pledge to be eligible for endorsement. The LACYD Board has made the following recommendations for endorsement:
- Bellflower City Council District 4: Tonia McMillian
- Claremont City Council: Christine Margiotta
- Downey City Council: Alexandria Contreras
- Pomona City Council District 6: Miranda Sheffield
- San Fernando City Council: Mary Mendoza and Celeste Rodriguez
- Covina Valley School Board: Denaee Amaya
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Board: Kathye Armitage and Stacy Fortner
- Proposition 19: Yes
- Measure RR: Yes
Credentialing will begin at 7 p.m. and end at 7:30 p.m. Members can register here to attend: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJItc--qrzMpGNHAxRLdioaWOqbRIP-extsv
In order to vote, you need to be a registered dues-paying member of LACYD. To join or renew your membership dues, please go to LACYD.org/Join (please note: you must pay dues four days in advance of the meeting in order to be able to participate).
If you have any other questions about our rules, process or bylaws, visit LACYD.org/Bylaws.
October 08, 2020 at 7:00pm - 9pm